Saturday, November 9, 2013

Life in Krung Thep

It's been a month since I've moved to Bangkok. Accepting a job offer here has been one of the biggest decisions in my life, and required me to be away from my wife and baby for 5-6 months before we are reunited again. 

Trust me it sounded easy and 6 months separation sounded short. It seems so until it really happened. Homesickness, worried about the wife and baby, uncertainties with the job. Add that all up and you get sleepless nights the first few days.

Now one month later, looking back at how it al happened, it feels better to have settled down, learned some Thai, know your way around, making new friends and knowing that you've got great colleagues and that the job scope is clear now. It feels great except that the family is not here yet.

One month was also how long it took me to open up the iPad and start blogging away. I don't know what I'm going to write about but I'll just let the interesting things and creativity lead me on.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment